CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Our new friends






L.A. was a trip for family, relaxing and new friends. These wonderful people in these pictures are the Stolworthy's. I met Shelsi online a few months ago while being sad because my hair was not growing back after chemo. While searching on the web for some hope I came across Shelsi's face in a google search. We corresponded via email and I felt that I needed to go down and visit her and her husband Eric. Sam and I woke up
Thursday morning to start our drive out to their house. We had a great time sharing pictures and stories. We went out to eat, Trader Joe's and to yummy frozen yogurt. Eric came home from work and then the girls went to work in the kitchen. I had a great time cooking with Shelsi and I enjoyed that the men were having a good time talking in the other room. I am so proud of those
men for their incredible courage and faith in caring for us women. They both have stood next to us and helped us feel beautiful and strong through our individual journey with cancer. We all enjoyed out meal together and after dinner it was time for memorable photos. We took the nice ones and then went to town with Shelsi's wigs. We laughed so much while we entertained one another with funny faces and attitudes. I have had just an incredible time being friends with Shelsi. I know that the Lord wanted us to be friends. There is no doubt about that. My friend Hilary knows a friend who is connected to Eric's family, who kept telling Hilary that Shelsi and I should talk, but by the time that Hilary told me she had already made the connection that she was the girl that I found online. It has been amazing to speak with her and read her path and her understanding of this life. I want to give a big THANKS to Shelsi for her strength and courage. It inspires me and helps me understand my savior more and what I had to go through. I look forward to being life long friends with the Stolworthy's. Sam and I enjoyed their company so much and we wish that we could live closer so that we could be around each other all the time.

4 comments:

Shelsi said...

YAY!!! I love all your new posts! I miss you guys! Thank you so much for coming out to visit! You and Sam rock!! Hope your drive back home was good! Eric and I should plan a trip to come see you this summer! Wouldn't that be fun! Well, we'll definitely have to plan something after my treatments are out of the way and I'm fully recovered! Love you guys!

Angel said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Happy New Year!

Leslie said...

I'm glad you guys could meet. I've been telling Hilary that you two should connect. I'm happy for your new found friendship.

Anonymous said...

You are So Beautiful.... Love knowing you.... You have always been a great friend.. Hope to hear from you and Sam SOON.... I'm getting Married Sept 6'th........ You will need to give me your address/////..... Can't believe how blessed i am.... Hope all is well.. You too are so blessed and i am a better person for knowing you......Talk at you soon...