CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008




I came home from school one day and decided it was the perfect day to put a garden hat on and go for a walk in the woods! I packed up my homework, random books and paint and
walked right into bliss. As a child to be I would be found gallivanting here among the swollen streams and grass covered terrain.
It was so nice to take a breather and remeber the sweet things in life. I enjoyed wonderful conversations with Kai my nephew. We watched the cows graze in the distance. Earlier that day a cow got out and we had to coax the cow back over the fence. It was a sight to see. Especially when it went out into the road and there was 4-6 cars trying to put this big girl in her right place. It seemed like the whole neighborhood was out! It was just running down Olive ranch rd. and I was in my car trying to block it with another womans help in her car and then I would get out and try to scare it back up the street. I always loved doing this. Chasing cows is fun! After that eventful moment I nestled down to homework and the sunshine.
Spring is on its way. Soon I am going to get the garden ready. It is time to plant seeds inside for all those garden lovers! Kill those weeds in the old garden by putting a plastic down, and after amend the soil for some delicious home grown vegies and fruit! Only a few more weeks of potential frost! I cant wait to pop cherry tomatoes in my mouth as I pull weeds! LOVE IT!! Oh and if you dont have a garden spot then make a container garden. It is just as great and yields the same great summer vegies.

3 comments:

Shelsi said...

Hello my lovely friend!! I was so excited to see you updated your blog! I've never chased a cow before. You'll have to videotape that next time! LOL That would be fun to watch! I miss you!

Sarah said...

Alena-I am so excited you still wander out in the woods. I have been to that exact place millions of times growing up--awesome. I need to get back out there and explore my old memories. Your hair looks great. Tell Jenny HI and Erin good luck with the baby.

Wendy M said...

I miss the California hills!!! I'm glad to see you are back in school. You look fabulous! Follow your dream...that's the only way to live!
:-)