CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 8, 2007

My Dear Dr. Hui

This is my oncologist, Dr. Hui. Our little chat on Wednesday was a little emotional. I had been down a little bit with all the unknown. She tried to reassure me that I just have to have faith and that each patient has a different story and I need to just pay attention to my own body. I wish there was a way to predict what will happen through statistics, but studies show they can't tell you your outcome because of others outcomes. She explained it a lot better than I could but that is what she told me. It is normal for cancer patients to feel afraid after chemo when the Dr. says goodbye... hope the cancer doesn't come back!
Well my next step happens on Wednesday. I have an appointment with Dr. Bodai. We will discuss all the options for surgery. I believe it will be mid October. I really don't have any other answers or other updates to tell you all. This chemo has treated me really well. The last one was very hard, but I have hardly felt a difference from Monday to today. I have slept a lot which is probably one reason I am doing well. Prayers really are helping me be strong and having faith in them makes it even stronger. Thank you all for helping me see how the Lord works in our lives to bless us. I really have been blessed to have the health and strength to get through this because of all the prayers. Thanks you so much! My faith in surrendering my will to his has greatly enlarged. I have really enjoyed learning the lessons I felt I needed to learn to be a stronger witness of Christ. I will let you all know more next week after my appointment.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is going to sound ridiculous, but I'm a children's book author and I just came across this blog while searching the name "Alena". Seeing the quote in the corner about Alena's smile, I just had to weigh in and show you this...

www.alenabooks.com

I hope it makes you smile.

Eric Anderson