CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 13, 2007


So, here is a little update....which I believe the rest of my bloggs may just be little. I am going in for Surgery on October 13 for a single mastectomy. May I say a disclaimer....... Chemo was easy to talk about but from here on out I am feeling private. Phone calls to my home are always welcomed and thank you to all who enjoy checking up on me and seeing my progress.

This picture always reminds myself to shine and to never forget who I am...but there are times in my life where shinning is hard and I love that this is ok. I know that I dont have to shine alone. When I am feeling dark I know my savior will rekindle what I have lost and together we will shine my brightest. REMEMBER he didnt expect us to get it right every time thats why he came. He loves and understands my weaknesses more than myself more than anyone. I love my savior so much. Its funny to think that he understands what a 23 yr old feels like going through breast cancer! Isn't that the coolest! Well, everyone how bright is your candle today? I know I needed some shinning.
Ohh..also, I realized how much the savior allows us to lean on each other. That is one thing I believe he would love us to learn. That it is ok to have a hard time and lean on one another. I have a new insight on "Love one another as Jesus loves you." I can morn with someone over my loss and this person can be the physical love the savior wants me to feel. Before, I didn't understand the importance of morning with those who morn. But, I am sure grateful for all those who have listened to me and have helped me be positive. I have felt my saviors love for me through those conversations. THANK YOU for saving me in my time of need.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Alena,
You are SO beautiful! I have been reading your blog often and pray for you every night. I want you to know how much of a shining light you have been to me. You are strong, beautiful, and more corageous than so many. Are struggles are chosen for us to make us stronger and you have become a rock! I love you. Keep staying strong, we're all behind you.
Laura Wuebker

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you. I know that your surgery will go well and your strength and will to live will push you through this very difficult time. Prayers and love are coming your way.

Anonymous said...

I love you so much Alena--I can't imagine what you are going through and feel love and admiration for you continually!

Sara Medakovic