CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Unstoppable Alena Kesti!!!!(Until I make her stop!!)

Here are some funny events that happened to Alena last week. Anybody that knows Alena knows that she doesn't slow down for anything, especially if she has the opportunity to be outside doing yard work. Well, our best buddy Josh and his sweetheart Holly are getting married in July, and the reception will be in her backyard. There is a lot of preparation and landscaping to do. Alena has wanted to help out, but of course she can't be in the sun very much. Wednesday of last week, she told me that she had gone to Holly's house to help with the yard. I was thinking, okay, Alena went to her house and probably gave some advice on the best way to care for the plants, and how to do some other plant things. I talked to her that night, and she was exhausted. I figured she would be. The sun takes an extra toll on her. Well, the next day, we were talking, and Alena was still really tired, and she was throwing up, and not doing well at all. I was worried. She rested, and later she was feeling better. Well, we were talking about how she needs to take it easy. I repeated that she needs to TAKE IT EASY!!(she will never do it, but I say it anyway!!) Alena then proceeded to reveal to me some very surprising things, yet not really that unusual for Alena.
She said, "I guess I shouldn't have used the pick axe that much, or lifted and moved big heavy rocks." Why was I not surprised! Here is little Alena, on chemo, with a lower immune system, and an extremely sensitive energy level, telling me she probably should not have tried to be super woman. Well, she is super woman, and she has to watch out for the manual labor kryptonite. I think Alena will always push her limits, which is one reason why she will succeed in all that she does.!! I love you Alena!!

-Sammy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALENA!! Bless your heart! BUT SLOW DOWN!!!....Or Sam and I will tie you down and sing songs to you over and over until you want to beat us!!! HA HA Rest easy, lovely girl.

Love Sara Medakovic

Anonymous said...

I'll also help to tie you up! ...but I'll leave the singing to Sara and Sam. I think you need to start learning more delegating skills during this time in your life. No need to hurt yourself in the long run for little things that other people can do (easily) for you!
Love, your big sissy

sheena said...

Alena....we've met a few times--I'm Hilary's friend. I just wanted you to know I think you're so AMAZING and cute and strong--I love checking in to see how you're doing. You inspire so many people, including myself, and help us realize our problems aren't too bad. Keep up the positive attitude and you will continue to be blessed!

Nichelle said...

Lena, Lena, Lena...I am going to drive to Roseville, put you over my knee and spank your bum if you don't SLOW DOWN!!!!! Better yet, since none of your friends know where I live, how about I drive up to Roseville in the wee hours of the night(while you are "resting" of course..HAH!!), put you in my car, and bring you back to my house, with NO PHONE, NO EMAIL,BLOG, or any other communication privileges!!!!

Give others the opportunity and privilege to take care of YOU!!!!!