CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Guess what....???

Well, it is a little late for me but I want to let you all know that I am in REMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to my oncologist today and she was very happy to report to me that I have absolutely no cancer in me. So, Dr. Bodai did a very good job by the way on my surgery. I was very confident with him being my doctor. The path report said that there was no cancer to be found. The chemo wiped it all out! I then asked Dr. Hui, "then why did I do a mastectomy?" Well, because I had an invasive type of cancer it was the best way to make sure it was gone and dose not even stand a chance! I am very happy and I am so happy for all of you praying as hard as you did because you saved me! This is such a miracle. I walked out of the hospital just in awe for the blessings God has given me.
I still need to take tamoxifen for five years and I will start that in a few weeks. I still can't move my arm very well and Dr. Hui laughed at me because of this. I am in such a hurry to heal and she just smiled at me as I talked to her about what I try to do and what I want to do. She told me I need to take it easy for six weeks sometimes even more. This was good for me to hear so that I chill out and just listen to my body and not what I WISH I could be doing. I have rested a lot lately and I feel more responsible for doing so. Sam and my Mom are happy for this. I only can move my arm to my shoulder hight so pretty soon I will start physical therapy. I am very excited to do this. It will be nice to have help guiding me through my recovery.
Reconstruction wont start till six months from now. I have to be patient on that part. None the less, I am cancer free and watching my hair grow back. Slowly it is coming back. I cant wait to wake up one morning and see that my scalp is gone! I want to see that hair! Winter is coming and my head will be wishing it had its hair back.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! Everyone have a spooky time and dont eat too much candy....Cancer LOVES sweets! Eat veggies! But, my favorite snack is still melted chocolates dipped by a banana. Yummy.

I cant find my camera so I haven't put any pictures up. But as soon as I get a recent photo on my computer I will show my hair coming in!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Alena! No more cancer!!! When I got your email this morning I cried I was so happy to hear your wonderful news! This week just keeps getting better and better!

I can't wait for the Race for the Cure next year! We still have to make Team Alena survivor spinner shirts!

I'm so excited to come home and see you with hair! Altough you are the most gorgeous bald lady I've ever seen. It's true you're a knockout!

Lots of Love,

Amy

Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!! We are so happy and know that God has answered another prayer to get you back to good health again. We can't wait to see you. Hope you are resting!!! I know you are a very busy girl but you need to listen to the doctors. They know best right now! Lots of Love and Prayers...

Angel said...

I am so HAPPY for you and your family. We don't know each other, but I am Jeri's sister in law and I know Heather (used to be McKinny). I am glad it worked out for you. I lost my Aunt two years ago to breast cancer. You have truly been blessed!

Kyle Taylor said...

Im glad to hear that your cancer is gone! Did you do a pet or mri scan recently? I havent and my doctors dont recommend one. im wondering if I should. It looks like we will both be having our reconstruction about the same time. Im expected to do it in June after im done with herceptin plus that gives my skin time to heal from radiation therapy. Do you have to do radiation? I get to do 5 weeks starting this monday.
What a journey this has been. I cant believe its coming to an end. It feels so good to see my hair growing back. My eyelashes are almost back to their normal length- that is really fun to see. Well, through it all, Heavenly Father is there. He really does hear and answer all our prayers. I definetly have a new perspective on life and those around me. Life is good- Im happy! I can tell you are too.

Good luck and hope to hear from you soon....from the other Alena.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alena, I'm Shelsi's mom, and like she said we did get all teary eyed when we read your guestbook entry. That was very sweet of you, and very nice for Shelsi to have someone she can REALLY relate to. That is such GREAT news that you are in remission now! Next Tuesday Shelsi gets a full body scan and a head MRI to see where she is at at this point. Have they scanned your head yet? If not, I would strongly suggest you request that they do that. Thank you again so much Alena for contacting Shelsi. You have brightened her life. Sheri Hancock/mom