CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 18, 2007

To all my supporters

I have no idea how to start this blog. I just got off the phone with Sam telling him my results from Dr. Hui. She was an oncologist I saw today. If I stay at Morris she will be my Doctor through this time of my treatment.(i may switch to a new Doctor in Roseville to be close to home) She went over with me the things Dr. Bodai told her. They both agree that my tumor is around 3.5-4 cm in size. Due to this size, over 1 cm, Chemotherapy is advised. Dr. Hui received the results back form the biopsy telling us if the tumor was Estrogen/progesterone +/- recepted. Mine came back + which opens up the opportunity to take Tamoxifen. This is the long term hormonal therapy. There is nothing pretty about this drug other than it decreasing the chances for recurring cancer. The major down side of this is the need to be cautious not to get pregnant during this time. Therefore, during the five years I need to take it I will be unable to have children. So this sounds like a downer, but honestly if this is the trial that God intended for me to have then Bring It On! I know that I will get out on top and I will have become closer to God and see more good in life. The whole purpose for us to be here is to strengthen our relationship and understanding of God. I will be eternally grateful for this trail and especially all of you. All of you have taught me so much about service and how to have a tender heart towards all that are around me. Thank you all so much for your individual love and support. Well.... Chemo starts on Monday the 21st at 10:30. Since they want to be aggressive about my treatment they wanted me in as soon as possible. Usually one will go to a chemo class, but I will get all the info on chemo an hour before. Sam will be coming with me to hear the information about chemo and he will sit with me for 3 hours while I am getting treated. Sam has been a really great emotional strength and he really keeps me happy. So far my Parents have gone to all my appointments, which have been many and they have also been a big help and support. Oh, I know that you all probably have more questions that I have not answered. If any of you have questions you can either call me or write a comment and i will respond to you. Sometimes on your comments I don't always recognize who they have come from and I would love to know who you are! Please type your name if your comment does not give clear identification of who you are. Wow, i can not believe the amount of love that I am receiving. Hearing stories about people telling people about me and the prayers and the love that is given for me is so touching. I thank you much and will be letting you all know how Chemo goes for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aLENA, i WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GO WITH YOU IF i CAN TO ANY APPT. i LOVE YOU SO MUCH! i DON'T WANT TO BOTHER YOU WITH QUESTIONS SO i'LL PROBABLY GET A LITTLE INFO FROM sAM! yOU ARE SO STRONG AND SPECIAL. You are my HERO!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alena-
Our thoughts are with you as well as our prayers. We know you are a strong person with great faith and that the Lord will bless you for the example that your are.
Hiram and Michelle Briggs

Michelle says - I enjoy seeing your positive thoughts (i.e. If this is the trial God has for me then Bring It On.) As I've struggled through my own problems I found that they do help me grow closer to God, though I don't always enjoy the process. You are so beautiful and Sam's quote about your smile bringing warmeth is really true. Thank you for all the talks and support you have supplied to me.

Hiram says -
I second that - I enjoy your beautiful smile too and your loving personality. Let us know if there is anything we can do, even if that means getting away camping or whatever. Do you think they will allow us to build a campfire in the hospital?! Probably not - the sprinklers would put it out. Take care and thanks for your comments. Keep in Touch. Hiram

Anonymous said...

Alena, our sweet niece,
We want you to know how so proud we are of your strength and faith during this very difficult time. You are so grownup but we still think of you as a little fair haired princess - always smiling and so talented in all you do. This is surely the most important fight of your life and you will again ACE this test! You are truly a gift from God and he is showing all of us what a princess of life should be - strong, unselfish, faithful, caring and of course beautiful - inside and out! Your family is sending many prayers your way. Love the whole Clark Clan!!!!

Wendy M said...

Alena, You have such a beautiful, strong and faithful spirit. You are truly an example to us all as you face this trial in your life. You continue to see this life with such an eternal perspective, something many people have a difficult time with, and it just proves the truly faithful and strong spirit that you possess! I know the Lord will be with you through all this and more, and I am thankful that He has filled your life with loving and caring family and friends. You have blessed our lives tremendously, and continue to as you allow us a window into your life through some difficult challenges. We are blessed by your strength and faith. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I love you much!
:-) Wendy Martinez